User avatar
dkightley
Posts: 2405
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Strange ooze control behavior

I've been fine tuning a print profile to print fine section girders in PLA. I've only been making small changes so I can see the visible effect of the changes made. The results of one change gave me more then I was expecting:
IMG_2074_red.JPG
The one on the left is before the box was ticked, and the one on the right after!

All I had done was to tick the Perform retraction during wipe movement box on the Ooze Control Behavior section of the Advansed tab.

Can anyone think why this might happen?
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
Rebekah_harper
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:25 am

Re: Strange ooze control behavior

It could be trying to use the function but on short distances it's going to have issues.

I only use it if there is time for the line to get going and enough for the function to work.
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Strange ooze control behavior

I've been using that setting with great success, but maybe it's your thin posts that are causing issues like rebekah said.

Can you post the factory file?
User avatar
dkightley
Posts: 2405
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Strange ooze control behavior

Hi Joe

Factory file attached....

This is not a show-stopper of an issue as I've got a profile now that will give good results. I was trying to eliminate totally the minisuce stringing I've been getting.

btw This part is one of the smallest parts of a 1/450 scale model of the Forth Rail Bridge.
Attachments
Centre_Tower_Top_Brace.factory
(11.21 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Strange ooze control behavior

Oh wow. I didn't realize how small this model is! With a part this tiny, you probably don't want to be using any wiping at all. Those posts are just too small. Adding extra wiping on top of them probably won't help and may even knock them over at that size.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”