simonm

CTC Bizer Dual Extruder spare parts

Hi All..
luckily i entered into the world of 3d printing expecting it to involve lots of tinkering . lol

i bought my 1st printer last week CTC Bizer Dual Extruder Desktop 3d Printer
and have stripped it and rebuilt it a few times already .

a issue i am going to have very soon i think is spare parts.
the metal bar the stepper motors sit on has 2 very very small grubscrews that are a nightmare to adjust. the ends are getting worn alrady from the non stop adjustments so if i do not change them i will end up having to drill them out . or is there a modification to get round this perhaps ?
the location of the heatsink over the grubscrews is a bad idea also as it means any slight adjustment to the height of the extruders/hotends means a strip down.
the heater blocks if thats what there called ? the thing the nozzle screws into that gets hot :D .. are these readily available to buy .
i've already changed one of the hot ends .. however the ones i bought were not identical (could not find same) and the ptfe tube inside had to be cut shorter to acomodate (ordered some more 4mm/2mm tube off ebay) in case of problems .. where however can i buy the correct ones if it matters..

every tweak and adjustment means something else needs changing. then the circle starts of getting the dual heads at the right height to work together . then the nozzle calibration which is not possible with the repg print out as without priming or a raft i end up with half of it missing..

i must say however its a fun learning curve .. these printer should not be sold to anyone expecting plug and play !! hahah

and finally .. the day i plugged my 3d printer in my poor little cannon bubblejet threw a wobbly and gives not stop b200 errors that depsite folliwing every how to google can find still has died .. coincidental or was it upset i wonder about its new brother haha

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”