ArcadEd
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:12 pm

Turn off Ooze shield during print

I'm working on several prints that are dual color, but only until a certain layer. Maybe the first 1/3rd of the print. I'm trying to figure out a way to turn off the ooze shield once I am no longer printing with 2 heads. Is there a simple way to do this? Seems like it would be obvious to just have a "Stop ooze shield at layer or mm X"

I just hate wasting plastic if I don't need too, plus it adds to the print time.


Thanks for the help.
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Turn off Ooze shield during print

Just setup multiple processes and use the "stop printing at height" option on the Advanced tab. Then you can turn off the ooze shield as you go higher up.

This explains it more: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/arti ... f-a-model/
ArcadEd
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:12 pm

Re: Turn off Ooze shield during print

Thanks, I'll dig into it deeper. It seemed to have run into a snag when I tried it since the dual extrusion wizard would put the processes into a group. I couldn't figure out a way to create a new process that duplicated that of the Grouped process made with the wizard. Of course if you click on the wizard again, it deletes the previous group and makes a new one.

I guess I just need to create a process that only uses the needed nozzle and switch to it.

I'll try that. Sorry to have typed out my thought process LOL.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”