Page 1 of 2

Nozzle Misalignment...

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:38 pm
by Monty3DP
Can anyone help me with this?? how can I resolve it!

Re: Nozzle Misalignment...

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:49 pm
by bubbasnow
you could physically adjust it, or you need to update your offsets in the firmware

Re: Nozzle Misalignment...

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:05 pm
by Dssguy1
There is no "physical adjustment" on most machines. It is done through the firmware in the settings menu.
bubbasnow wrote:you could physically adjust it, or you need to update your offsets in the firmware

Re: Nozzle Misalignment...

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:49 pm
by Monty3DP
Thanks for the reply guys...

I realised what I've done wrong! After running the nozzle alignment, I entered it into the bot, but it looked like the changes were not being registered so I kept entering it! But what was happening was the alignment was going off each time I entered it but just not showing it.

I've reset this now and it's a lot better

Re: Nozzle Misalignment...

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:11 pm
by Monty3DP
Can anyone help me (again) with this other issue.... There is this annoying gap between the infill and the wall

I don't understand why I'm getting prints coming out like the pic below! I thought it was something to do with the "outline overlap" setting under the infill tab but I have it down to 4% now from the default 20% and doesn't seem to have made a difference.
Should I be looking at a different setting?

Image


Cheers

Re: Nozzle Misalignment...

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:35 pm
by jimc
it seems like you under extruding a little. your also going the wrong way with your overlap. you want to increase the %. 15 i think is default. i have always used that nut i think the main issue there is your not putting out enough plastic overall. measure your filament correctly then bump up or multiplier a little at a time.

Re: Nozzle Misalignment...

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:39 pm
by tri-lite
Hi Monty. Hey, it's always a good idea to post a NEW thread for a NEW problem, because if folks saw your earlier thread and thought the problem was solved, they wouldn't necessarily come back. And there are lots of power users who will give you great advice (I'm still reading and learning).

Why don't you post this photo in a new thread and give it a better Subject, like "Gaps along edges of parts" or something like that. I bet you'll get more hits and advice!

Re: Nozzle Misalignment...

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:47 pm
by Monty3DP
Ok will do...

Just didn't want to start a new thread as I thought it might be uneccessary.

Cheers

Re: Nozzle Misalignment...

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:24 pm
by GergK
Hi All,

Greetings for all! This is my first post. :)

So, I have the same problem (as in the start post in this thread), and I can not resolve.

My flashforge dreamer tips printing with offset (c.a. 2.5mm) when I want to print with dual extruder mode.


Image


(on the image, the green parts overlaps the gold ones, but it shouldnt. This would be a Hilbert cube...)

I did:

- I tried to set the "Tools/Options/Machine/Tool offset" paramters, but It seems like does not working. I tested with other values, but nothing changet. (Also, it forget the stored value, after restart Simply 3D.)

- I measured the tip distance with caliper and it is the same value (34.00 mm) as in the offset parameter....

Please help!

Thank you,
Greg

Re: Nozzle Misalignment...

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:44 pm
by KeyboardWarrior
GergK wrote:Hi All,

Greetings for all! This is my first post. :)

So, I have the same problem (as in the start post in this thread), and I can not resolve.

My flashforge dreamer tips printing with offset (c.a. 2.5mm) when I want to print with dual extruder mode.


Image


(on the image, the green parts overlaps the gold ones, but it shouldnt. This would be a Hilbert cube...)

I did:

- I tried to set the "Tools/Options/Machine/Tool offset" paramters, but It seems like does not working. I tested with other values, but nothing changet. (Also, it forget the stored value, after restart Simply 3D.)

- I measured the tip distance with caliper and it is the same value (34.00 mm) as in the offset parameter....

Please help!

Thank you,
Greg
For the FlashForge Dreamer, this is a pretty easy fix!
Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 3.27.20 PM.png
The main line there "M612 X34.5 Y0.0 ; Set Toolhead Offsets" would be the one you want to change. This line of G-Code is the line that will control how your print looks overall.