StrongHold

Da Vinci 2.0

Hello,

Got my new 2.0 yesterday.
Solid Machine! Reminds me of a HP or Cannon desk jet printer.
I've worked on makerbots, not half the machine this is.
Highly recommend this machine for anyone not needing to print at .4mm wall thickness, if you do, you will need some software help. At least with the ABS. Have not tried others or temps.

Print quality was great on two colors on the sample prints.
I am trying to print at .4mm (40) microns, basically the same hole size of the extruder. It has been working okay, without support or rafts, on straight up or slightly curved designs, but when have a hard overhang, I have to increase my wall thickness to .8mm, to double it up. Should really be using support, but I can't with these small files.

It appears that the printer is moving way to fast for this .4mm wall thickness, I am going to try to use S3D to slow it down, and test it out.

I'll let you know how it goes!

IF YOU HAVE A 2.0 or 2.1, please add your experiences here!
chath

Re: Da Vinci 2.0

try raising the extrusion multiplier if .4 height gives you problems. also play around with the extrusion WIDTH. put it at .35mm wide or .30mm wide. there are a lot of new machines that use width of (nozzle diameter - 0.1mm) with great results
laird

Re: Da Vinci 2.0

StrongHold wrote:Hello,
I am trying to print at .4mm (40) microns, basically the same hole size of the extruder. It has been working okay, without support or rafts, on straight up or slightly curved designs, but when have a hard overhang, I have to increase my wall thickness to .8mm, to double it up. Should really be using support, but I can't with these small files.
I'm not sure whether you're referring to layer hight or extrusion width, so...

If you're printing with an 0.4mm layer height, you might want to try printing with 0.2mm layer height. Same layer height as nozzle size might have problems bonding between layers, and will in any case look bumpy.

If you're talking about the extrusion width, then I'd use the 'auto' setting - it'll end up slightly wider than the nozzle width, which will print better - extrusion width the same as nozzle width tends to leave gaps. Alternatively, you can adjust the extrusion multiplier to extrude a little more plastic. For example, if it's 0.9 try using 0.95.

Most printers can do 45 degree overhands without support, and sometimes up to 60 degrees with a cooling fan. What angle are you trying to print?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”