KOPrinting

FLSun V400 goes to Z0 immediately after print

Hello, I have a FLSun V400. I know Simplify currently has a custom profile for this printer but when I got it there wasn't one available. So, I copied the starting and ending scripts from the Cura slicer that came on the USB with the printer.

I have done the same (copied the gcode that came with the printer) with Prusa Slicer, however, only when using S3D and FlSun's custom end gcode, sometimes the printer starts to move down to Z0 immediately after finishing a print.

I've had to manually shut off the printer before a collision with the printed part. I do not run into this issue while using Prusa Slicer.

Following is the ending g-code from FlSun:

M107 T0
M104 S0
M104 S0 T1
M140 S0
G92 E0
G91
G1 E-1 F300
G1 Z+0.5 F6000
G28
G90 ;absolute positioning

TIMELAPSE_RENDER

I have since downloaded the custom profile from S3D's configuration assistant but was curious if you had any idea what might have caused that initial behavior. Thanks.
S3D-Jason

Re: FLSun V400 goes to Z0 immediately after print

It's hard to say what was wrong if you created this profile completely on your own. However, I know that we have the V400 in our office as well which we print on all the time. You can download the exact settings that we use by going to Help > Configuration Assistant. That should get you reliable settings that we have already tested and verified here.
KOPrinting

S3D-Jason wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:05 am It's hard to say what was wrong if you created this profile completely on your own. However, I know that we have the V400 in our office as well which we print on all the time. You can download the exact settings that we use by going to Help > Configuration Assistant. That should get you reliable settings that we have already tested and verified here.
That's what I ended up doing. Will follow up if the issue persists.
TheBum

I'd have to see more of the G-code.
ljhtom

KOPrinting wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:30 pm Hello, I have a FLSun V400. I know Simplify currently has a custom profile for this printer but when I got it there wasn't one available. So, I copied the starting and ending scripts from the Cura slicer that came on the USB with the printer.

I have done the same (copied the gcode that came with the printer) with Prusa Slicer, however, only when using S3D and FlSun's custom end gcode, sometimes the printer starts to move down to Z0 immediately after finishing a print.

I've had to manually shut off the printer before a collision with the printed part. I do not run into this issue while using Prusa Slicer.

M107 T0
M104 S0
M104 S0 T1
M140 S0
G92 E0
G91
G1 E-1 F300
G1 Z+0.5 F6000
G28

TIMELAPSE_RENDER

I have since downloaded the custom profile from S3D's configuration assistant but was curious if you had any idea what might have caused that initial behavior. Thanks.
Hello, I see your code, and you should always remove the G28, because it will do a search for zeros in the 3 axes, in any case you can add G28 X Y , leaving the Z in its highest position.
KOPrinting

ljhtom wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:50 am
KOPrinting wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:30 pm Hello, I have a FLSun V400. I know Simplify currently has a custom profile for this printer but when I got it there wasn't one available. So, I copied the starting and ending scripts from the Cura slicer that came on the USB with the printer.

M107 T0
M104 S0
M104 S0 T1
M140 S0
G92 E0
G91
G1 E-1 F300
G1 Z+0.5 F6000
G28

TIMELAPSE_RENDER

Hello, I see your code, and you should always remove the G28, because it will do a search for zeros in the 3 axes, in any case you can add G28 X Y , leaving the Z in its highest position.

Appreciate it!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”