TheBum

Gaps in top layers

What’s the best way to fix this issue with gaps in the top layer? The letters are supposed to be solid, not outlines. I mostly notice it whoever printing white over a darker color and it doesn’t seem to matter what material I use.
IMG_1160.jpeg
TheBum

Re: Gaps in top layers

I think I improved it a little by changing "Internal Thin Wall Type" to "Allow Single Extrusions" (at least in the preview), but it's still not addressing 100% of the gaps.
S3D-Taylor

These few settings should help:
-Increasing Outline Overlap - this increases the overlap between the infill and the perimeter
-Increasing Top Layer Extrusion Modifier
-Turn on Iron Top Layers

Remember, you can do a search for any of these settings from the top right corner of Edit Process Settings.
TheBum

I tried those suggestions and the results were not great. While they did fill in the gaps, they also expanded the outlines, making the letters "muddier". I actually printed with my initial discovery and the results were good.
S3D-Taylor

Ah, I think I misunderstood the initial problem, my bad. 'Allow Single Extrusions' would definitely help more in this case. You can read more here to learn some tricks with printing thin features: https://www.simplify3d.com/resources/ar ... -features/

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”