Page 1 of 1

Factory File and Infill

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:11 pm
by jimmybuckets
Just installed 3.0 and THANK YOU for all the improvements!!! I realize there are going to be issues with all the new improvements and I see people are finding them and posting them. I know S3D will address them...so again THANK YOU!

My issue...and I don't know if it is one, but it seems that the TYPE of infill from my old factory files isn't imported into v3.0. Also I get an error that says "Unable to import FFF setting from selected location" which sometimes won't even open up a model. So what ever infill I used last is what is used when I open the factory file. As an example there is a group of parts I've been working on printing...when I open the factory file and check infill it says hex infill instead of rectilinear. What I'm I doing wrong or is this on purpose...or should it not be that way?

THANKS!

Re: Factory File and Infill

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:30 am
by JoeJ
The old factory files won't have settings for the internal infill pattern. That means that when you open an old factory file, it will just keep the current settings that you have loaded for the external infill pattern.

If you think about it, it makes sense. How would the v2.2 factory files know what to set for the external infill pattern otherwise?

Re: Factory File and Infill

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:29 pm
by jimmybuckets
I'm having a hard time getting old factory files to open at all. No model shows up when I open older factory files. As far as the infill goes I get your explanation...but still should import the old fff file as is in my opinion. Any reason I'm not getting my files to open with model?

Re: Factory File and Infill

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:39 am
by CT4
+1 I too can not get my old factory files to open at all.

Re: Factory File and Infill

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:45 am
by JoeJ
Post the factory file. I'd be happy to try it on my computer. I haven't had any issues opening old factory files (and I have many ;) ).