Page 1 of 1

Restarting a print at a specific failed height

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:02 pm
by furicks
I have a really long print that failed with just a few percentage left. Is it possible to go from the initial factory file and restart the print right where it needs to be in order to resume the print. I've attached the factory file. If we think it is possible I will go through the process of taking detailed measurements of the existing height of the printer. Last time I tried this the startup script for the print caused the print head to smack into the existing print structure on it's way to ready position.

Re: Restarting a print at a specific failed height

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:22 pm
by jimc
what you need to do is drop the model below the bed to the point where it failed. print the part then glue the pieces together.