furicks
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:32 am

Restarting a print at a specific failed height

I have a really long print that failed with just a few percentage left. Is it possible to go from the initial factory file and restart the print right where it needs to be in order to resume the print. I've attached the factory file. If we think it is possible I will go through the process of taking detailed measurements of the existing height of the printer. Last time I tried this the startup script for the print caused the print head to smack into the existing print structure on it's way to ready position.
Attachments
Castle_mid_2.factory
Factory for filament out print
(1.99 MiB) Downloaded 201 times
User avatar
jimc
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:02 pm
Location: mullica, nj
Contact: Website

Re: Restarting a print at a specific failed height

what you need to do is drop the model below the bed to the point where it failed. print the part then glue the pieces together.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”