Page 1 of 1

Top "n" layers a different extruder

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:00 pm
by tenaja
I want to make a part out of abs, with the top layer printed with NinjaFlex. I know I can do this with modeling two separate parts, but it would be real handy if I could just set the top one or two layers to use a different extruder.

Thanks for considering this.

Re: Top "n" layers a different extruder

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:39 pm
by inventabuild
Have you tried the Advance tab / Layer Modifications section and tried to assign different layer heights to different extruders?

Re: Top "n" layers a different extruder

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:49 pm
by tenaja
inventabuild wrote:Have you tried the Advance tab / Layer Modifications section and tried to assign different layer heights to different extruders?
No, I have not tried it because it not work with contoured parts.