Page 1 of 1

MakerGear M2 ABS print warping?

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:14 pm
by tldavis
Hello everyone! First time poster with a couple of prints under my belt, er, nozzle head.

Trying to get a part printed out at work, we're using Hatchbox ABS Filament. I'm using AquaNet Extra Super Hold, with a bed temperature of 110C and a nozzle temperature of 235C. The part with a large-ish base continue to lift during printing and as shown below, the bottom layers look like they had some issues. It's not like the part was overly huge or anything.

Is the ambient temperature too cool? It's usually 17C to 20C. Is building an enclosure to maintain an ambient of 100F (approximately 38C) a good idea?

What other information would be helpful in tracking down issues? I consulted the 3D troubleshooting guide, but would like more input.
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
IMG_0027.JPG

Re: MakerGear M2 ABS print warping?

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:27 am
by CompoundCarl
Have you tried adding a brim? If you used 5 or so skirt outlines for the brim, I would bet it would stick :D

Re: MakerGear M2 ABS print warping?

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:07 am
by tldavis
CompoundCarl wrote:Have you tried adding a brim? If you used 5 or so skirt outlines for the brim, I would bet it would stick :D
What offset do you recommend from the part? It's set to 4.0mm right now with 2 layers. I believe it was on 2 outlines for the skirt for that print.

Re: MakerGear M2 ABS print warping?

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:34 am
by CompoundCarl
A brim usually has an offset very close to zero (that's why it's called a brim! ;) )

If you haven't used that before, you can read more about it here: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/tuto ... and-brims/

Re: MakerGear M2 ABS print warping?

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:06 pm
by tldavis
CompoundCarl wrote:A brim usually has an offset very close to zero (that's why it's called a brim! ;) )

If you haven't used that before, you can read more about it here: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/tuto ... and-brims/
No joke, I clicked my way to that right after posting, but since I'm such a new user, my posts have to be approved by a moderator.. so I didn't have the opportunity to edit it right away. Thank you for the input! I gave it a shot on a smaller part to see how hard it would be to remove and now I'll try this one again.