Page 1 of 1

Simplify3d wanhao 4x and raft

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:42 pm
by timop
I use raft sometimes on narrow prints. But why does it make raft layers 4-5 if I use just one like in picture?

Re: Simplify3d wanhao 4x and raft

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:25 am
by CompoundCarl
The raft layers setting controls the number of layers at the interface between the raft and the part. You will still get all the lower layers that make up the raft foundation (unless you disable raft base layers).

Re: Simplify3d wanhao 4x and raft

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:09 am
by timop
thanks, If i enable "disable raft base layers" it prints just layers what I configured in "Raft layers" ?

Re: Simplify3d wanhao 4x and raft

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:56 am
by dkightley
That's an affirmative.

I never use the base layers whenever I have to use a raft..unless I have severe issues with shrinkage causing curling off the bed, when I pull out all the stops and use mouse ears all over the place!!

Re: Simplify3d wanhao 4x and raft

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:47 am
by timop
I tested yesterday without raft base layers and 2 layers of raft, it worked well.
I printed with PLA to glass plate covered PRF 202 Plastic Spray