Page 1 of 1

how to fil

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:50 am
by isacat
I am new with S3D and I have this issue, there is a slit visible, on the stl file it's all nice close

Image

anybody know how I can close this gap (slit), like for example a extra line filament in the middle will close it?

Re: how to fil

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:55 am
by CompoundCarl
Just set your extrusion width to manual and then increase it by a small amount (like 0.4mm to 0.42mm) That will be enough to fill the gap.

Re: how to fil

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:13 am
by isacat
how do I do this, I just stared with 3D printing

Re: how to fil

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:48 am
by CompoundCarl
Click "Edit Process Settings", go to the Extruders tab, click on the extruder you are using from the left-hand list, then set the extrusion width to manual and enter whatever value you want. Then just click OK and then "Prepare to Print" again to see the changes.

You should only need to increase your extrusion width a tiny amount, so if it was currently at 0.4mm, only increase to around 0.42mm or something similar