Page 1 of 1
Printer profile not listed, but web site says supported
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:27 pm
by mroek
On a whim I checked on the S3D web page "Is my printer compatible" if the Craftbot Plus is supported by S3D (I knew it was, I just wanted to know if there was an official profile), and got the "Hooray" response.
However, when I go to the "Configuration assistant" (under Help) in Simplify3D (v3.1.0), the printer does not appear in that list. Is this a known issue? Doesn't S3D properly download profiles from their servers?
Re: Printer profile not listed, but web site says supported
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:24 am
by CompoundCarl
That probably means you need to email them about the profile. Just send them a note here:
https://www.simplify3d.com/contact-us/
From my experience, they have provided a lot of profiles via email that aren't in the drop down list, perhaps because they are still testing or waiting for their next software update
Re: Printer profile not listed, but web site says supported
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:01 am
by mroek
Ok, I just assumed that when their automated compatibility checking tool reported a printer as compatible, then it would also show up for selection in the assistant.
Just to check that it isn't something with my installation, do you see the Craftbot in the drop down list in your installation?
Re: Printer profile not listed, but web site says supported
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:43 am
by wirlybird
mroek wrote:Ok, I just assumed that when their automated compatibility checking tool reported a printer as compatible, then it would also show up for selection in the assistant.
Just to check that it isn't something with my installation, do you see the Craftbot in the drop down list in your installation?
A possibility is that compatible means there is another printer of a similar type where the profile will work. I had to use a different printer for mine until they got a profile ready. Wasn't to big a deal.
The S3D guys seem very responsive to questions.
Re: Printer profile not listed, but web site says supported
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:11 pm
by JohnOCFII
mroek wrote:On a whim I checked on the S3D web page "Is my printer compatible" if the Craftbot Plus is supported by S3D (I knew it was, I just wanted to know if there was an official profile), and got the "Hooray" response.
However, when I go to the "Configuration assistant" (under Help) in Simplify3D (v3.1.0), the printer does not appear in that list. Is this a known issue? Doesn't S3D properly download profiles from their servers?
I too, thought that "compatible" on the web page meant that the printer profile was included. Mine was not. I was able to get a profile within a couple of days from S3D. It was not exactly ready for prime time. Bed size was off, among other things.
John