tenaja

Save As does not save

Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Am I missing something? When I save a Toolpath to Disk, if I do not change the filename, it will not overwrite the file, even if I click "yes" tell it to. Worse yet, it does not warn that the save has failed. Since discovering this, I have been forced to create a new file name with every test, even if the file is not open in another program.

Maybe I am missing a setting somewhere, or is this a bug?

KeyboardWarrior

Re: Save As does not save

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:34 am

tenaja wrote:Am I missing something? When I save a Toolpath to Disk, if I do not change the filename, it will not overwrite the file, even if I click "yes" tell it to. Worse yet, it does not warn that the save has failed. Since discovering this, I have been forced to create a new file name with every test, even if the file is not open in another program.

Maybe I am missing a setting somewhere, or is this a bug?
Are you running in Admin mode (windows)/ Sudo mode (mac/linux)?

jimc

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:12 pm

Also is the little lock slider on the sd card in the right position

dsegel

Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:22 pm

Mine works as expected, and replaces the contents of the file.

tenaja

Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:36 am

I was perplexed as to why I was experiencing this when you guys aren't. Further tests show it only happens on my QNap NAS network drive, where I happen to store my 3d files so I don't have to sneaker-net them. I noticed it does not happen on a networked, shared Windows pc with a mapped drive.

I am an administrator on my pc. Since I can overwrite files on the NAS drive using every other program capable of writing to a disk, it must be some kind of bug with S3d.

JoeJ

Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:16 am

Works fine for me on all my network drives. I doubt it's an S3D issue since it can write to that drive just fine when you aren't overwriting. Sounds a lot more like a permissions issue.

tenaja

Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:39 am

JoeJ wrote:Works fine for me on all my network drives. I doubt it's an S3D issue since it can write to that drive just fine when you aren't overwriting. Sounds a lot more like a permissions issue.
If it were permissions, then it would effect other programs as well.

JoeJ

Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:49 pm

If it were the software then I wouldn't be able to do the same thing with my network drives. And you probably wouldn't be able to write a file to that drive in the first place.

It's pretty standard programming to open a file and write to it. The OS handles overwrite control and prompts. So highly doubtful this has anything to do with S3D.

tenaja

Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:59 pm

JoeJ wrote:... highly doubtful this has anything to do with S3D.
Then why is S3d the only program with this issue?

I have a dozen PC's attached to the nas, with dozens of programs on each PC using the nas as the primary storage. With all of those pograms storing data to the nas, S3d is the only program with issues. It's not a permissions issue.

KC_703

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:11 pm

Interesting... Are you using a mapped drive or accessing your NAS through a UNC. If UNC is it an IP address or hostname?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”