daulphin
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:54 am

Solidoodle 2 supports hard to remvoe

Wondering if anyone can offer any insight into how i can make the supports in simplify3d easier to remove. Under default settings they are really fused on. I tried adjusting as below but still no luck. Using repetier host i have a much easier time and they come off with little effort. I'm printing with abs, I tried with the default settings, then i tried with these settings.

Thanks.
Attachments
support.jpg
infill.jpg
layers.jpg
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Solidoodle 2 supports hard to remvoe

Their stock settings work far better than anything else I've used before. So not sure why your prints would be any different.

Perhaps you want to adjust your separation settings. Add more vertical separation layers or increase the horizontal separation
Heutinck
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:14 am

Re: Solidoodle 2 supports hard to remvoe

have you set your extrusion multiplier correctly. I had a very similar problem with the supports sticking to my printed object and not pulling apart easily until I set this.
dorsai3d
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:01 am

Re: Solidoodle 2 supports hard to remvoe

Heutinck wrote:have you set your extrusion multiplier correctly. I had a very similar problem with the supports sticking to my printed object and not pulling apart easily until I set this.
I had a Solidoodle 2 Pro (back in 2012, before S3D and avoided supports like the plague) and ended up with an extrusion multiplier of like 0.82 on the stock extruder/hotend, so that's pretty plausible.
daulphin
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Solidoodle 2 supports hard to remvoe

Thanks for the tip. Will try.
daulphin
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Solidoodle 2 supports hard to remvoe

That extrusion multiplier made a huge difference. Next question would be, what did you to make abs stick to the build plate? I'm using abs juice which works ok, but wondering if there was anything better. i Often get a film left on the print from the abs juice.
dorsai3d
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:01 am

Re: Solidoodle 2 supports hard to remvoe

I used the stock kapton tape and cleaned it with acetone before a print. ABS still didn't stick that well. I just moved on to different materials (and printers) and actually still have a couple of kilograms of ABS hanging around for no good reason.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”