Binni1969

Re: Major bug, x-axis leaning to the right (positive)

Here is the gcode-file, i will post a photo later.
Shall I supply the stl or the same gcode created with cura for comparison?
Attachments
Baugruppe_Rip_right.gcode
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 248 times
Binni1969

Gcode created with Cura
Attachments
Baugruppe_Rip_right_Cura.gcode
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 257 times
CatDog

Thanks, the Cura code was helpful. So, I reviewed both files and ran some simulations and statistics on them. I can find no oddities in the S3D code that would account for the lean you are seeing. When one of my printers frees up, I'll try to print the S3D file. It looks like you were printing PLA with a .4mm nozzle, is that correct? In any event, I can post process the temps to get what I need as 215 is high for what I print PLA and low for what I'd print ABS!
~CatDog>

(Alone in the world is a little CatDog!)
Binni1969

Hi,

it was printed in PLA at 210°C. Attached a picture, the parts were oriented differently in this case, but with the same result. Checked them in gcode.ws with no strange results...
Attachments
IMG_0025[1].JPG
CatDog

We have a genuine mystery on our hands. Do you have any photos of the Cura prints?

I was expecting to see some higher speed moves or rapids in the S3D gcode that might cause a physical skewing due to skipped steps or belt slippage, etc. But the speeds between the two gcode files are very similar. Do you notice any difference in sound when the parts print? Sometimes audible feedback can give clues.
~CatDog>

tcmeyers

I've seen this on my FlashForge Creator when the X-limit cable was failing, giving spurious end-of-travel signals. In my case the failure was intermittent, hard to check with an ohmmeter, but cable replacement solved the problem. Does your machine have something of this nature that could fail? Note that not all models would do this, only ones that bent the cable just right.
Binni1969

Sorry, no photos of the cura prints.
Sound was normal, printed the simplify gcode twice, the second time with 75% speed override.
Have this problem at even more stl's, and as I said always when there are more objects to print or with more complex parts. As an Example an picture of an segmented U-boat is attached, I used a bad filament with massive changes in diameter, so don´t look too close...
BTW, the wing rips print fine individualy.
Even made a singe stl-file for these rips in Autodesk Inventor but this doesn't help either.
Also checked the stl's in CAD but nothing strange here.
Attachments
IMG_0027b.jpg
andre

Going to try this print (S3D version). I have a suspicion... will report back.
CatDog

Your issue really suggests a mechanical or electrical problem but there are inconstancies based on your description. Can you tell if this skewing starts with the second layer or do the parts (ribs they are called) print multiple layers before skewing? If the later, does the skew happen at the same layer every time?

Is it possible that S3D's auto bed leveling is involved in some way and kicking in? It is a very strange problem though, the gcode looks fine.
~CatDog>

andre

Wow, that's a lot of parts. Unfortunately, your gcode throws the parts off my platter. Instead of going crazy modifying your gcode so I can print it, can you try to print just one of those parts in S3D, see if you get the same issue? And supply the gcode of that part in the center of your platform?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”