For all of these I tried rotating the model, but the defects traveled with the surface they were on. From version to version, the defects were NOT in the same place.
S3D v4.1.1 - this was supposed to address some vase printing defects, but for this print is the worst:
As you can see, in a few sections there are a series of discontinuous "jumps" where the print head has decided not to follow the contour.
S3D v4.1.0 - probably the best slice of the set. However, when printed there is an obvious defect traveling up the tree that is barely noticeable int he preview (easy to miss). Initially I thought this was my printer, but when I checked the g-code preview the defect was present. I've circled the areas where it had problems - these lines go from the bottom to top of the tree.
S3D v4.0.1 - There were several spots where the surface is distorted - somewhat subtle but I'm almost positive the distortions would be obvious when printed.
Last edited by ururk
on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.