wfcook

Re: Gyroid infill

This would be a great addition to the program
Nismo370z

Let's not forget to mention, it looks the sexiest out of all the other infill options, lol. :lol:
wfcook

This seems like it would be even easier to implement than cubic. The tricky part, I suppose, is making it make sense going from process to process with changing percentages, etc. With all the requests for dynamic infill and dynamic layer heights I could see some complication. But seriously, this would be really, really useful to me
dylanhoen

I also vote Gyroid Infill. I also had an idea about a porous infill for a speaker box. It would also require infill with one of the bounding walls cut out. Maybe somehow select an outer face to delete after infill has been added.
jstrom

As of today, the Gyroid infill is now available in at least cura 4.0, Slic3r and Flashprint 3.27.0 and possibly others...
GOURREAU

Gyroid infill

Hello
when will there be a "gyroid" filling ?
kind regards
Francis
xRKxToxic

I would also like to see a gyroid infill pattern plus some other cubic infills. I find it hard to believe that a company that is selling a product such as this is not willing to consider the request of their customers. I get that the test show that they are equal under a vertical load. However, you can't always orient a part in the same manner that it will exist in a real world application. Having equal strength on a horizontal plane is equally important. Let's also consider the fact that there could be a load in more than one direction.

I really wish this would be reconsidered.
Ram

S3D Team, any news on this or if you are planning to incorporate Gyroid Infill with S3D? This thread was created Dec. 2018 I thought we would least see something by now. Any information will help, it would be nice to know if you guys know for sure you wont add this feature.

For all we know someone might own the rights to using that type of infill, but I dont see that happening lol :)
bolsoncerrado

I'm afraid any requests for features by now will be pay for in the upcoming new s3d update.... If it ever comes.
ParzivalR

Yes! It has my upvote too!

Return to “Feature Requests”