I bounce on that remark as I used a "é" in a profile name and then had the issue due to non ASCII characters. Then I spent some time to find the source of this error...
A workaround would be at least a check of non ASCII characters when saving profile so that to warn the user and force to rename. Check should be done everywhere (Profile, scripts gcode, STL names...).
A second workaround could be a fixing tool which should check the factory file and correct it.
A definitive solution would be to manage all UTF characters. In fact people as me (French
) just use those characters naturally without noticing it so I think that will happen to me again.