MTORRESFA

(Very) Big Area Additive Manufacturing

Hello everyone,

Me and my team are going to try BAAM, we've seen that Simplify3D allows a maximum printing volume of 9999x9999x9999mm and we really want to exceed these dimensions. So I have some questions about:

- How could we do it?
- Is there any way to tell the software that our printing volume is bigger than this one?
- May or should we edit the firmware in order to get this feature?

Other feature that we need to satisfy is to print with the nozzle 45º rotated and we're also wondering how can we get this using Simplify3D.

Here you can see and example of what we want to get:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W0hWdP7MyA

I hope for an answer that may help us to perform our goal. Thanks in advance for all your cooperation. ;)
S3D-Jake

Re: (Very) Big Area Additive Manufacturing

Thanks for the feature request! The maximum of 9999 x 9999 x 9999 cannot currently be exceeded. I'll log this for our development team.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
MTORRESFA

S3D-Jake wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:23 pm Thanks for the feature request! The maximum of 9999 x 9999 x 9999 cannot currently be exceeded. I'll log this for our development team.
Thanks so much for your answer, Jake.

And about the 45º rotation of the nozzle, do you know if is it some way to achieve this feature?
S3D-Jake

I'm not aware of a setting in Simplify3D that can achieve a 45 degree rotation for the slicing plane. I'd suggest contacting our support team with any additional information you have about your machine you're trying to setup.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”