grue19

brim / skirt from part not ooze shield

Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:11 pm

hello,

1. i noticed if i use an ooze shield, my brim or skirt of 10 lines only applies to the ooze shield and not the model within the ooze shield. is that normal or can that be something for a future release? (edit, the idea being the brim/skirt helps the model adhere to the bed, but in this case it only helps the ooze shield adhere)

2. what's with the raft printing it's SO slow. i don't see any type of adjustment for example, underspeed like other parts have? also is me or is the raft extrusion amount a LOT like 200% line width or something.

thanks,

S3D-Jake

Re: brim / skirt from part not ooze shield

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:24 am

Thanks for your feature request! I can certainly see how you'd want the part to also have some added adhesion. In situations like those you can use a raft and an oozeshield. I'll certainly keep an eye on your thread to see if more users would prefer the brim / skirt be generated from the part even when using an oozeshield.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

grue19

Re: brim / skirt from part not ooze shield

Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:03 pm

thanks. we'll see. i found out rafts are supposed to print that slowly ha. i've been thinking about this more as i am getting some warp on the corners of a thin building wall. i think it's probably the best idea to use a raft in these situations. i brim could be beneficial, but i think a raft would accomplish the same thing. thanks

Return to “Feature Requests”