Tartanbiker

Build plate size doesnt change when second printer selected

I use two printers with different size tables, a Raise pro2 and a flash forge. When i swap between processes that are set up that I select for each printer then select which profile i need depending on filament type that has been set for each printer, click ok and the build platform remains the same. V4 used to change the platform size to suit the profile for each printer.
Is this issue being looked at or have others found a solution.

Its really annoying and I hope it gets resolved soon.
S3D-Jason

Re: Build plate size doesnt change when second printer selected

You only need to have ONE process. Your profiles are already saved in the profile database. For example, if you delete all of your processes, then click Edit Process Settings, you can expand the Select Profiles list to see that all of your machine settings are still there.

I suspect the reason the build volume isn't changing is because you have other processes in the list that are using other build volume sizes. Just delete all the other processes except for 1 and then click Edit Process Settings and choose the machine you want to use in the Select Profile drop down. The build volume should update correctly at that point.
zendesigner

so why don't you fix it like it is working in V4 ?

SO now i have 6 printers, i always need to delete all the processes ,, make a new one,, make an stl, Throw away the process again, make a new one..

DO you understand how ridiculous that is ??

If you won't fix it , i need a refund cause then your V5 version just makes my workload *3 at least, and your version is not worth it.
None of these "new features" is worth that.

an unhappy long term customer.
parallyze

zendesigner wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:10 am so why don't you fix it like it is working in V4 ?

DO you understand how ridiculous that is ??
You want core features to be changed so you can keep using them in a way it was never meant to be,
do I understand that correctly?
ampster

S3D-Jason wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:56 pm You only need to have ONE process. Your profiles are already saved in the profile database. For example, if you delete all of your processes, then click Edit Process Settings, you can expand the Select Profiles list to see that all of your machine settings are still there.

I suspect the reason the build volume isn't changing is because you have other processes in the list that are using other build volume sizes. Just delete all the other processes except for 1 and then click Edit Process Settings and choose the machine you want to use in the Select Profile drop down. The build volume should update correctly at that point.
I have two printers currently setup in S3D v5, E5 Pro and E5 Plus. Different build volumes.

I want to save a process for each printer for different filaments and for each printer.

To get around the apparent bug where the build volume doesn't change, I've created a single process that does work to change the build volume. I use that to switch printers. Then all my other processes work as expected.

How do we save multiple processes, for different printers, and have the build volume change correctly on screen when we switch processes?

I've had a number of prints start off center because I had not noticed the build volume changed visually but sent the gcode to the printer anyways. It seems to be related to the fact that not all saved processes are switching to the correct printer as expected....

or are we using the software in a manner it wasn't intended for?
S3D-v5_processes.jpg
OneZ I3
CR-10S "Trailer Maker"
CR-10S "Black Betty"
Ender 5 Pro "Ginger"
Ender 5 Plus "Wilson"
P1P "Pooper"
K1 Max "Max"
deecee1973

I have an Anycubic Chiron and an i3Mega. So if i print the same stl i have to delete one Prozess to look if its in the print area. In V4 the size changed automatically…
ampster

looks like we could use profiles for each printer and layer type then create additional processes as needed for each individual print?
OneZ I3
CR-10S "Trailer Maker"
CR-10S "Black Betty"
Ender 5 Pro "Ginger"
Ender 5 Plus "Wilson"
P1P "Pooper"
K1 Max "Max"
S3D-Jason

Yes, you should typically only have 1 process in the list. You use the Select Profile drop down for that 1 process to change to a different printer.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”